SEND YOUR MAIN STREET ON A GOOSECHASE!
The Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) along with Canadian Urban Institute (CUI) are thrilled to announce that they are providing the GooseChase digital scavenger hunt platform for free to groups across southern Ontario until March 2023.
What is GooseChase?
GooseChase is a digital scavenger hunt platform that enables hosts to create digital “scavenger hunts” or “missions” in their community. This fun and interactive tool provides you as the hosts with everything you need to engage, activate and attract more visitors and customers to your main street. Create a scavenger hunt to enhance shop local / visit local programming, as a stand-alone to bring people together while supporting your local main street.
How does it work?
Each GooseChase game is a collection of “missions” for participants or visitors to complete and earn points. You can make your own or chose from the library of 100+ pre-built missions. Mission types include photos/videos, GPS check-ins, or text-based questions and riddles. GooseChase missions can be anything from taking a photo in front of a favourite coffee shop or a local landmark, to attending a local event and so much more.
GooseChase games are built to run seamlessly with little involvement from hosts. Hosts can enjoy real-time activity feeds and ranking, award bonus points, or delete and add missions.
GooseChase participants simply download the app and start playing or “completing missions” to earn participants points and compete for prizes against fellow GooseChase-ers!
- Participants will need to download the free GooseChase app to engage in your digital scavenger hunt.
- Participants can easily search for and join your GooseChase using the unique game code (share this code widely with your community to get more people involved!)
- The real-time leaderboard let’s participants see how they rank among other plays and what’s left to do to win.
Eligible Southern Ontario groups;
The following is a list of southern Ontario groups eligible to access GooseChase under the My Main Street license. Please confirm southern Ontario location eligibility using this map and list. (*please note those located in the City of Toronto are not eligible*)
- Business Improvement Areas
- Small Business Enterprise Centers
- Economic Development Agencies
- Small Locally Owned and Operated Businesses
- Regional Innovation Centre's
- Art Galleries
- Create an account on the GooseChase website
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
- The email you used to set up your GooseChase Account
- Your community/business/group name
- Once you have been contacted by us, and set up under the My Main Street license, you are ready to go!
My Main Street is a partnership between the Economic Developers Council of Ontario and the Canadian Urban Institute.